Friday, 28 September 2012

Starting a Meditation Practice

Meditation hasn't always been easy for me, but it has always been something I have strived to do regularly. I actually used to when I was a child (what 12 thinks meditation is fun?) and truly did love it but I fell out of the habit at some point and have never gotten back into it.
This week however I have been starting again. It hasn't been easy, the term 'monkey mind' has always suited my scattered brain, but it hasn't felt like so much of a struggle and each time I have been surprised that my timer went off so quickly. So I have decided that I will meditate every day this month, increasing my time by 1 minute each day (I'm at 6 minutes so far). I'm hoping to get to the point that I can consistently meditate for 20 minutes straight. I'll let you know how it goes by checking in once a week and thereby holding myself accountable too.
I'd love to hear about anyone else's practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment